WHAT IS ACNE?Acne is among the most common skin ailments in the U.S., impacting around 60 million people every year. While many cases are mild and can be controlled with medication and a consistent at-home cleansing routine, many individuals have severe acne that causes scarring. Acne generally is a mix of whiteheads, pimples, blackheads, small cysts, and other red, itchy, and inflamed areas on the skin. Caused by a combination of clogged pores, dead skin cells, and bacteria, it is most often seen in teens but can affect adults as old as 40 years of age. Acne typically shows up on the face, torso, and back. To return the skin to a healthy, glowing appearance, Dr. Laura Slack can provide numerous treatment options, ranging from medical-grade skin care products to in-office aesthetic treatments and more.
HOW IS ACNE TREATED?A flare-up of acne may occur for lots of different reasons, including diet, as well as hormonal fluctuations related to puberty, pregnancy, and menopause. Once Dr. Slack has diagnosed the specific cause of acne, she will create a personalized plan to improve your complexion. Imber Medical offers the following acne treatment options:
- Prescription drugs: Topical creams and solutions, which contain sulfur, retinoids, salicylic acid, and benzoyl peroxide, may provide help.
- Plasma Pen: This noninvasive skin tightening and lifting device can minimize acne outbreaks and reduce the size of your pores.
- Jan Marini Skin Research®️: Our professional-grade skin care line utilizes acne-fighting ingredients to reduce breakouts without overdrying the skin.
- VI Peel: Chemical peel treatments use a specialized solution to slough off the top layer of dead skin, revealing a smoother, healthier complexion.
- Bioidentical hormone therapy: It may be possible to reduce acne flare-ups by balancing the production of certain hormones.
GET CLEARER SKINIf you are tired of dealing with the embarrassment and physical discomfort of acne, we invite you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Slack at Imber Medical in St. Simons Island, GA. We will offer a thorough skin analysis and make a tailored treatment program to help clear up your complexion. Our goal is to provide high-quality care to improve your skin health and revive your confidence.